Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Enthusiasm

This weekend was amazing.
Friday I went to see Better than Ezra at The Varsity Theater. It was such an amazing show, the band was so interactive and funny as hell. What else would you expect from these now mostly famous southern musicians? My friend and I were pretty close to the stage too, and the band members were throwing out guitar picks like Mardi Gras beads. I managed to snag one for each of us.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to take pictures at a gymnastics meet. The lighting in the gym was terrible and it was all I could do to get a clean shot. As disappointing as the results were, I still had fun. I was able to walk around wherever I pleased and it was a fun opportunity.

Saturday night the boy's high school had Sound Off, which is where bands can play in the gym. There were only 4 of them but they were all really good. I took pictures from in front of the stage and I'm very happy with how they turned out. You can see them in my Flickr Sound Off Collection

Sunday I hung around the house and did some intense organization and editing, not leaving my chair in the living room for much but food. Hopefully I can have more weekends this productive in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment