Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Day in the Life

So I took the ACT for the second time yesterday. Arriving at school at about 6:30 and leaving around 12, I've made a few observations. First of all, the word "booklet" is rarely used outside of the standardized environment. Think about it. Book-let. Like piglet. The very word sends me back to grade school when the scores didn't matter and the day was noted for no classes and no shoes. Also, the answer "booklets" use eight different letters to key in answers: A, B, C, D, F, G, H, J. Why would they skip E and I? I guess E is just not academic enough, being as it's not in the grading system either. As for "I", maybe the creators were told as children that it's been left out of "Team" so often they decided to forget about it all together. Seems a little unfair.
After the ACT some friends and I went to lunch at a sandwich shop famous for it's mac and cheese. It was such a pretty day I drove with the windows down. I've begun to liken it to the hand of god playing with your hair. I ordered a sandwich with cranberry sauce on it, which was so fantastic I might attempt to make one myself. The rest of the day was filled with cookies, a Paul Walker movie (whom I have decided is unattractive), Apples to Apples, and one very long and tiring walk in which I sprawled out in someone's lawn three seconds before he came out to get his mail (oops!) .

No comments:

Post a Comment