Sunday, April 5, 2009

Here it is!

There are quite a few things that simply were not made for early mornings. Some of these include pot roast, heavy labor, the smell of garbage, and the most relevant to my life, math. Every Monday through Friday beginning at 7:27am I am expected to calculate and deviate and retrieve numbers from equations and problems and it's enough to make me want to pull my hair out and take math literally, as we've all seen in the funny test questions flying around the web.









So on my math test a few days ago I had a question that went something like this:
"If I divide a polynomial by x-3 with no remainder, what three things does this tell me?"
Still in my morning haze, I had no clue as to the answer. So although I'm neither clever nor brave enough to give a "here it is" answer, the one I gave was rather sarcastic.

1. You know how to do long division
2. You probably have the answer right
3. The polynomial is divisible by x-3

Isn't school great?

No comments:

Post a Comment