"But lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless and lonely is healing if you make it"
Give this video a chance, watch it once all the way through. Being alone is highly underrated in our society of constant motion and chatter. As people we feel the need to be surrounded, but the truth is we can't stay familiar with ourselves if we are perpetually in contact with others.
"Resist the urge to hang out with your cell phone" It is ridiculous how difficult this part can be.
This girl, Tanya Davis, is such a talented poet and speaker! All wound up into this neat video, the message really carries some weight, especially to a visual person like myself.
I couldn't have found this at a better time. College is so strange, I feel like I am always around people, strangers, friends but when I find myself alone I get antsy and feel the need to move and connect. Maybe now I'll be inspired to use my alone time for a greater, more creative purpose. Don't you just want to go for a quiet, easy walk now?
No comments:
Post a Comment